convert Cu M into MMBTU

Don't know how to calculate the area of your garden or circumference of a pond? Ask your question here.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

convert Cu M into MMBTU

Postby ajsohani » Sun May 08, 2005 9:56 am

How to convert Cu M gas into MMBTU. I mean if there is 100 Cu M gas used by a consumer, what will be the value of the gas in MMBTU ?
ajsohani

Postby Guest » Sun May 08, 2005 5:35 pm

Depends on the gas. Is this natural gas or propane? Natural gas is mostly methane but contains some ethane, propane etc, which increases the energy content. As sold, most natural gas runs about 1000 BTU/cubic foot, but that figure can vary plus or minus 5%, perhaps a little more. Your gas supplier should be able to tell you if you need a more precise figure. Since a cubic meter is 35.3 ft^3, you should be around 35300 BTU/m^3, within 5%.

Re: convert Cu M into MMBTU

Postby ihh54@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 pm

ajsohani wrote:How to convert Cu M gas into MMBTU. I mean if there is 100 Cu M gas used by a consumer, what will be the value of the gas in MMBTU ?
ihh54@hotmail.com

Postby mnadgir » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:36 am

ajsohani wrote:How to convert Cu M gas into MMBTU. I mean if there is 100 Cu M gas used by a consumer, what will be the value of the gas in MMBTU ?

Hi,
1 cubic foot = 1000btu
1 cubic foot =1mbtu
1000 cubic foot =1000mbtu
1000 cubic foot =1mmbtu
and 1mmbtu = 26.8m3
so 1mmbtu =26.8m3=1000cubic foot
Hope you got it.bye
Mahesh
Abu Dhabi
mnadgir

Postby Arif » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Dear All,
All i want to know is the exact conversion of mmBTU in a Cubic Meter of Natural Gas.. And also the role of GCV in Natural Gas Conversion.
Arif

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to Calculating things

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions