Converting mg/L to standard cubic feet per minute

Questions and answers on how to convert things from one unit or system to another
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Converting mg/L to standard cubic feet per minute

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Hello folks,

I am having a dandy of a time trying to convert mg/L into standard cubic feet per minute.

Specifically, a constraint for me on one of my applications is to have concentrations of air to be 6 mg/L but everything I am looking at gives the ratings in standard cubic feet per minute.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?

Sean L.
Sean

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:35 pm

Is this a constraint on the density of air, or the amount of impurity mixed in air? AT room temperature and atmospheric pressure, the density of air is around 1.2 g/L, do if this is a density, extremely high temperature or low pressure would be required (near vaccum).

In neither case would it have any relationship to flow rate. Without more context to the question, I have no clue exactly what you are looking for.

You can't convert apples to oranges

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:17 am

You are trying to convert two unrelated measurements - weight per volume (mg/L) verses volume per unit time (scfm). There's nothing to "convert".

More info

• List of all units you can convert online
  • Metric conversion
  • Convert pounds to gallons
  • Convert grams to cups
  • Grams to milliliters
  • Imperial vs US Customary
  • History of measurement
  • Return to How to convert?

Our Privacy Policy       Cooking Measures Converter       Metric conversions